Nutrition sessions covered through most major insurance plans.
Insurance & Rates
We are an in-network provider accepting most major health insurance plans including:
- Federal Employee Program (FEP) BCBS
- Independence BlueCrossBlueShield
- Highmark BCBS
- Keystone Health Plan East
- Personal Choice
- United Healthcare
We unfortunately are NOT in network with medicare/medicaid and the following state plans: Aetna Better Health, Keystone First, Health Partners, United Health Care Community Plan, and Horizon NJ Health, to name a few.
We understand that no one likes receiving a surprise bill from their insurance, so we always encourage patients to call their insurance to verify coverage before their initial session. We’ve outlined some questions below to try to make the process as seamless as possible for you. Here are some questions you will want to ask when you call.
- Am I covered for preventative nutrition counseling under my plan? If yes, here are the diagnosis codes Z71.3 and procedure codes 97802 and 97803 to check.
- If not, what diagnoses are covered for nutrition counseling through my plan? Common diagnoses that may be covered are: Overweight (E66.3), Obesity (E.66.9), Hyperlipidemia/High cholesterol (E78.5), Type II Diabetes (E11), and High blood pressure (I10). CPT Codes 97802 and 97803.
- Do I need a referral?
- How many sessions am I covered for?
- Are these sessions covered through each calendar year (Jan 1- Dec 31) or each benefit period?
- Do I have a co-pay?
Remember to ask for a reference number for the call and save that somewhere safe.
Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Accounts
If you wish to use a flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA), you will just need to bring your debit card in at your appointment time. You may want to call the card company first to determine if nutrition counseling may be an appropriate service that your plan will cover. We are happy to provide a receipt.
- Initial Session (60 minutes): $120
- Initial Session (90 minutes): $180
- 3 Session Package: $330
- 5 Session Package: $525
- 10 Session Package: $850
- Inbody body composition assessment: $50
Cash, credit, or check are accepted at the time of the initial appointment.
Work with Yummy Body Nutrition
What are you waiting for? Schedule an appointment today!