We are in-network with most major insurance carriers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which health insurance companies are Yummy Body Nutrition in-network with?
- Independence BlueCrossBlueShieldHighmark BCBS
- Horizon BCBS of NJ
- United Healthcare
- Federal Employee Program (FEP) BCBS*
- Keystone Health Plan East*
- Personal Choice*
*6 covered sessions, no referral/copay
Does Yummy Body Nutrition accept Medicare/Medicaid?
We unfortunately are NOT in network with medicare/medicaid and the following state plans: Aetna Better Health, Keystone First, Health Partners, United Health Care Community Plan, and Horizon NJ Health, to name a few.
Please refer to our out of pocket pricing.
How do I confirm if my insurance covers nutrition services with Yummy Body Nutrition?
We understand that no one likes receiving a surprise bill from their insurance, so we always encourage patients to call their insurance to verify coverage before their first nutrition appointment. We’ve outlined some questions below to make the process as seamless as possible:
Call your health insurance and ask the following:
- Am I covered for preventative nutrition counseling under my plan?
- If the insurance representative asks for the provider’s NPI, provide the NPI for the Dietitian you are scheduled with:
– Ha Nguyen, RDN, LDN – 1194193425
– Shaylyn Tinari, MS, RDN, LDN – 1609376748
– Danielle Talenti, MS, RDN, LDN – 1053891994
– Dorothy Hanrahan, MS, RDN, LDN – 1962861831
- Give the insurance representative the diagnosis of Z71.3 and the procedure codes 97802 and 97803.
- If the insurance representative tells you that you are not covered with the diagnosis code of Z71.3, provide the representative with additional diagnosis codes that pertain to you:
– Overweight (E66.3) (Body mass index >25)
– Obesity (E66.9) (Body mass index >30)
– Hyperlipidemia/High cholesterol (E78.5)
– Pre Diabetes (R73.03)
– Type II Diabetes (E11)
– High blood pressure/Hypertension (I10)
If the insurance representative confirms you are covered, ask the following questions:
- Do I need a referral?
- How many sessions am I covered for?
- Are these sessions covered through each calendar year (Jan 1- Dec 31) or each benefit period?
- Do I have a specialist co-pay?
- Can I get a reference number for this call?
What happens if my insurance doesn’t cover my nutrition session?
We will notify you if your claim is denied.
Our office will charge your credit card on file for the cost of the session which could range from $120-$180.
How can I prepare for my first nutrition appointment?
- Call your insurance to verify that you are covered for nutrition services
- Complete the online intake forms via your client portal
- Refrain from having a large meal 2-3 hours before your appointment time.
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
Please bring your insurance card and Photo ID.
Can I pay for nutrition services with my FSA/HSA account?
Yes. If you wish to use a flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA), please bring your debit card to your first appointment. You may want to call the card company first to determine if nutrition counseling may be an appropriate service that your plan will cover. We are happy to provide a receipt.
Can I pay for nutrition services out of pocket?
Cash, credit, or check made payable to Yummy Body Nutrition are accepted at the time of the initial appointment.